Monday, December 15, 2008

Paul Sutton


Watch this space for news of a benefit gig for the very great Paul Sutton, who is currently, & unjustly, banged up in Belmarsh Prison. We're gonna get as many poets and musicians as we can, to try and raise a bit of cash for him, upon his return to the world.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to write to him, get in touch with me and I'll give you the details.

I'm doing a reading tomorrow nite at the Klinker (london's premier anarcho-bohemian cabaret spot) / Maggies Bar, Stoke Newington Church St, from around 9. Be nice to see a few of you there, we can discuss strategy.

4 comments:

Dominic Lash said...

Hey Sean - this is Dominic Lash, I was playing double bass at the Klinker last night. Your reading was tremendous - I wanted to catch you afterwards but had to run off back to Oxford. It's fucked up about Paul, though. Keep me posted about the benefit (domlash AT hotmail DOT com) and keep up the sterling work.

PICO said...

Sean Bonney and Dominic Lash both performing at the same gig? Why was I not informed?

And what - the HELL - if I may ask, if this is an appropriate place to do so, has PS been banged up for?

Chris Paul said...

what the fuck happened to Paul? that is awful. Can you mail me the details- I can at least send him some gifts or something if he is banged up over Christmas.

Peckham in Furs said...

Hello Chris, is Sharon here. Bloody Belmarsh wont let em have gifts sent. But you could drop him a line and photos are allowed (how generous)

Paul Sutton (WN9616)
Belmarsh Prison
Thamesmead
SE28 OEB